|To provide grants predominantly for the structural
repair of ecclesiastical buildings (built before 1875)
which are open to the public.
Grants are given to churches located in the pre-1974 counties
of Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and
Northamptonshire (including the Diocese of Peterborough).
There is no territorial restriction in respect of the conservation
of monuments and monumental brasses.
Grants are occassionally made towards publication of
architectural and archaeological books and papers; towards
the purchase of documents and items for Record Offices
and Museums; for archaeological research and related causes.